Targeted platforms (beyond Mobile VR)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Nate Collins 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
22nd October 2016 at 2:43 pm #958

Edouard Lorenceau
Participant

I understand that you want to develop for the Gear VR, but i think the app should be extended to more than it. Mobile VR first (also including Daydream btw) makes sense, but there’s also a lot of people that have Oculus Rifts/HTC Vives so the app should (with its already narrow niche) should extend to them too. Plus, there’s positional tracking on them so it would help with nausea at least a bit, which is pretty important. It should be pretty easy to do if you’re building in Unity.

Any chance of it happening?

22nd October 2016 at 8:22 pm #959

aaron
Keymaster

Well I’m hoping the first version of what ever form this takes will work across all mobile devices. I’m only Gear VR at the moment because that’s all I’ve got but yes conversion to the other platforms should be a breeze with Unity. It will come down to demand really. How about it everyone? Who’s up for Rift/HTC support? 🙂

24th October 2016 at 2:13 pm #968

Alex
Participant

I think rift/HTC support would be great. I can think of one sticking point though. The rift/HTC devices have to be connected to an external computer. I’m not sure many people would be willing to put their exercise bike next to their computer?

27th October 2016 at 3:37 pm #985

afxtwn
Participant

I really like the idea of supporting other VR devices. I am hopefully going to be getting a HTC Vive soon and so playing this would be great. Plus on Steam you can add your game as Early Access informing people that it’s still in development and applying updates and patches for people to download and apply as your game develops.

@Alex I don’t really see there being too much of a problem placing an exercise bike near a computer as it’s only slightly bigger than an office chair and you’re relatively stationary apart from your legs. Plus with the Vive, the cable is around 15ft long (similarly for the Oculus Rift).

19th January 2017 at 7:42 am #1083

Thibault Molleman
Participant

I’d love to use this. When Google Earth VR came out for the Vive I tried it while riding on my bike but it’s just real bad. ‘Human scale’ makes everything look like an abstract painting (much more preffer street view)

So yeah. I’d love to see this come to SteamVR/Htc vive

27th January 2017 at 10:48 pm #1093

Clif Rapier
Participant

Have you looked into the VirZoom bike that recently came out. It is designed for VR and already has done a lot of the leg work. Seems like this would be a great fit with them.

28th January 2017 at 11:58 am #1094

aaron
Keymaster

Hey Cliff. Yes I’ve my eye on the Virzoom for a while and they’ve done some interesting stuff. I’ll be checking it out soon.

4th February 2017 at 6:29 am #1098

Nate Collins
Participant

A vote here for the Sony VR system.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.