Motivation for people with disabilities

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  aaron 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
4th January 2017 at 5:13 pm #1057

Julie McManus
Participant

A product like this could act as a great motivation aid for people with disabilities to exercise. After spending some time with my brother who has MS and who exercises (infrequently) on an exercise bike, alone and at home, when I left him I was thinking about how to motivate him. There is evidence to show that people are much more likely to exercise if they are with someone else or in a group. The idea of a multi user VR cycle group occurred to me and hey presto I came across this website. I can imagine an application like this could benefit many people with disability who would otherwise exercise alone.

4th January 2017 at 5:57 pm #1058

aaron
Keymaster

I’ve been thinking much along the same lines. I see great benefits in this method of exercise among people less able to. I’ve had a number of conversations with people like yourself but also others that think the elderly could also benefit greatly from this. As we speak I’m investigating a multiplayer version of CycleVR so stay tuned 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.