Help in developement

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  avidlearner42 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
4th February 2017 at 3:04 pm #1101

Shashank Selot
Participant

Hi i was inspired by your video just trying to make a runner game for kids to run on street ,i work with unity ,i understand u used depth data to convert pano in 3d can i get help how u created mesh in unity and how its downloaded all at once i am expecting some help if u dont mind 🙂

5th February 2017 at 1:13 pm #1103

aaron
Keymaster

There’s a bit of information about how I did this in the Info/Development section of this blog. In essence the depth data is part of the data you can get from a Google Street View request. Then just do a search for ‘Unity create mesh’ on how to turn that data into a 3d object.

5th June 2020 at 9:07 pm #1148

avidlearner42
Participant

Hi Aaron,

This is a awesome project! I am looking to do something similar as a pet project that would use panoramas in VR for virtual tours. I had a question for you (that might have been answered elsewhere on the site that I haven’t found yet). Are you using static panoramas or dynamic panorama session from the Google Maps Javascript API and do you know if there is a way to use dynamic sessions? If they were static panos it seems like your trip may have been expensive [~ (1 pano/5m)(1000m/km)(1500km trip)*($5/1000 panos in the 100000-500000 price tier) = $1500].

Thank you for any help you may be able to proved!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.